San Dieguito Water District
160 Calle Magdalena
Encinitas, CA 92024
Drought phone: (760) 633-2810
Drought e-mail: [email protected]
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm; Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
(Closed alternating Fridays and Holidays)
San Dieguito Water District No Longer in Drought Condition (March 22, 2017)
Due to vastly improved local and statewide water supply conditions, the San Dieguito Water District (District) Board of Directors voted 5-0 to rescind the Level 1 Water Supply Shortage Response at the March 22nd District Board Meeting. During this most recent drought, District customers reduced water use by approximately 20%. The Board and District staff would like to thank all of our customers for their considerable conservation efforts.
The District encourages customers to continue their water conservation practices by observing the following voluntary measures:
• Limit landscape irrigation to 3 days per week.
• Irrigate only between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (overnight to avoid evaporation)
• Limit landscape irrigation to 10 minutes or less per station (unless weather-based controllers, drip/micro irrigation, or stream rotor sprinklers are used).
• Use a positive shut-off nozzle when using a hose for outdoor watering.
Although Governor Brown has ended the drought State of Emergency and the District is not currently in a declared water supply shortage response condition, the State Water Resources Control Board is requiring all water agencies to continue enforcement of the following mandatory prohibitions on water use:
• Do not wash down paved surfaces or hardscape, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, and patios, except when it is necessary to alleviate safety or sanitation hazards.
• Eliminate water waste, overspray, and runoff resulting from inefficient landscape irrigation systems and practices.
• Use a positive shut-off nozzle when washing your vehicle.
• Do not irrigate during or for 48 hours after measurable precipitation.
• Repair leaks within a reasonable timeframe after notification from the District.
• Use recirculated water to operate ornamental fountains.
• Restaurants and other food service establishments may only serve and refill water upon request.
• Hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments must offer guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
Please visit the State’s Emergency Conservation Regulation website or the California Drought Portal for more information.
For information on water conservation programs, rebates, workshops, free water-use evaluations, and landscape care, visit www.sdwd.org/conserve.
To report water waste, please fill out the Water Waste Reporting Form and email it to [email protected] or call 760-633-2810 with the requested information. San Dieguito Water District will only respond to water waste violations during regular working hours. For emergency situations that occur outside of regular working hours, please call our after-hours number: 760-633-2922.