All participants in the EHA’s Section 8 program have the following responsibilities:
- Pay their portion of the rent in accordance with the rental agreement and family obligations
- Notify the EHA and property owner/agent of any changes in the household
- Pay for utilities and services as outlined in the rental agreement
- Keep the unit clean and undamaged
- Not engage in any illegal activities
- Be responsible for the actions of their guest(s)
- Permit access to the unit for repairs
- Refrain from disturbing others
- Allow only occupants on the rental agreement to reside in the unit
- Abide by the terms of the Section 8 program, the rental agreement, federal regulations, and applicable EHA administrative policies
Participants are responsible for finding a rental unit that meets the EHA’s current payment standards. Please note that there are no public housing units within the City of Encinitas. Program participants are responsible for searching for and securing their own rental unit.
PAYMENT STANDARDS The City of Encinitas Housing Authority covers two zip codes: 92024 and 92007.
Payment standards are based on zip codes as follows (effective April 1, 2018):
||ZIP CODE 92024
||ZIP CODE 92007
Transferring In (Porting-in) from other areas
If you are a Section 8 participant with another Housing Authority and would like to move to Encinitas, please secure a rental unit first, before having your paperwork transferred to the EHA office.
The jurisdiction of Encinitas includes the communities of Cardiff, Leucadia, Old Encinitas, New Encinitas, and Olivenhain (Zip Codes: 92024 and 92007).
The EHA will accept a certification from the “initial housing authority” unless there are changes in income or household composition. The “initial housing authority” determines whether the household is income eligible in the area where the household wants to rent.
Transferring Out (Porting-Out) to other areas
As a participant in the Section 8 Program with the EHA, a household may move to any jurisdiction of a Housing Authority administering the Section 8 HCV program in the United States.
In the event that a household moves to the jurisdiction of another Housing Authority with a higher payment standard, the EHA may deny the request if funding is unavailable.