Welcome to Encinitas' Projects page
On March 6, 2019, Encinitas' City Council held a Council Goal Setting session at the Lux Art Institute. At this meeting, the top four focus areas for the City were reconfirmed. They include:
1. Attain a legally compliant Housing Element
2. Better incorporate the rail corridor into our neighborhoods
3. Improve connectivity and mobility for all users
4. Promote green initiatives and protect natural resources
The four focus areas were first identified by Council at the April 18, 2017 planning session. At that time, Council also identified the following as values or operating principles:
1. Protecting community character/agricultural programs
2. Financial sustainability
The City's 2017-2019 Strategic Plan was approved by City Council on October 24, 2018 and updated during a special session on March 6, 2019 covering 2019-2021 projects. The City's Strategic Plan contains the Council's Vision, Mission, Operating Principles and Strategic Focus Areas.
Click here to view or download the City's Updated Strategic Plan Document (PDF).
2019 Annual Report
The 2019 Annual Report below highlights just a few of the City's achievements and lets residents know what future projects the City will be working on. Please read the online version below.