Encinitas, CA - Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear will join area faith leaders and community members for the City’s 26th Annual Interfaith Community Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, May 2 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at the Encinitas Community and Senior Center, located at 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive. Tickets can be purchased for $25 per person at the door by cash or check.
“In the midst of the current turmoil happening in America and across the globe, we need to come together as a community to show our love, respect and support for one another, regardless of religious affiliation,” said Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear. “This year’s Prayer Breakfast will be both a recognition of how far we’ve come and how much farther we need to go as a people to create a world based on acceptance and inclusion.”
Joining Mayor Blakespear will be:
- Reverend Dr. Beth Johnson – Palomar Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Reverend Dr. Christian Sorensen – Seaside Center for Spiritual Living
- Rabbi Gabi Arad – Jewish Collaborative of San Diego
- Karen Koblentz – President of the San Dieguito Interfaith Ministerial Association
- Bijan Zayer and Keith Anderson – Baha’i Faith
- Students from The Grauer School
- Issam Lagrichi, Co-Founder of Sister Faiths
- Bethany Farkas Folsom, Co-Founder of Concerts for a United World
WHAT: City of Encinitas 26th Annual Interfaith Community Prayer Breakfast
WHEN: Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
WHERE: Encinitas Community and Senior Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive
WHY: To celebrate the community’s diverse and inclusive faith community
VISUALS: Multi-cultural people of different faiths gathering together in prayer and brief remarks.
# # #