COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update:
Safely Dining at Restaurants
Restaurants across Encinitas have re-opened for in-person dining, and as of Friday, June 12 bars are also open. We are all excited to support our local businesses. Restaurants have been working diligently to follow the County’s reopening guidelines, coming up with new seating arrangements and service options to ensure patrons can safely dine-in.
We can all do our part to prevent a surge of COVID-19 and keep our restaurants and bars open. Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself when dining at a restaurant:
- Wear a cloth face covering when less than 6 feet apart from other people and as much as possible when not eating.
- Maintain physical distances of 6 feet or more in any entryway, hallway, or waiting area—inside or outside.
- Maintain proper physical distance if you are with others who do not live in your household.
- When possible, sit outside at tables spaced at least 6 feet apart from other people.
- Wash your hands before you eat and when you leave the restaurant.
- Avoid sharing food with others.
- And remember, stay home if you are sick.
By following these steps, we can help ourselves, restaurant workers, and our community stay healthy.
More evidence is showing that when using face coverings properly, they reduce transmission of COVID-19 (See: https://www.countynewscenter.com/face-coverings-physical-distance-needed-to-prevent-surge-of-covid-19/). The San Diego County Health Officer Order requires us to wear a face covering when in public and less than six feet from others, or any time we enter a business, except when its use is prevented by a medical condition. When you wear a face covering, you protect those around you. When others use a face covering, they protect you. We should not get complacent as COVID-19 virus is still circulating in our community, so it is important to take these protections.
Along with being open for in-person dining, restaurants continue to offer take-out, drive-thru, and delivery services. Check out the City’s map and list of “Restaurants Open for Business” (https://coronavirus.encinitasca.gov/open-for-business) for more information.
For information or questions, please contact Tom Bokosky, Director of Human Resources at (760) 633-2631 or [email protected].