NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Encinitas is accepting applications for appointment to the Youth Commission representing grades 7 through 12.
Applicants must apply online from the City’s web site located at: http://www.encinitasca.gov/Government/Boards-Commissions/Youth-Commission. For additional information regarding your application, you may contact the City Clerk at 505 South Vulcan Avenue in Encinitas, by phone at (760) 633-2601, or by email [email protected].
- All applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 14, 2022.
- Applicants must be residents of the City of Encinitas.
- Youth Commission composition shall include representatives from school grades 7 through 12.
- Applicants may be asked to meet with City Council Members at a future Council Meeting (date to be determined) to briefly discuss their reasons for seeking appointment to the Youth Commission (e.g. a 2–3-minute presentation by the applicant).
- Youth Commissioners must be able to attend commission meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. (September through June) and participate in Youth Commission projects and subcommittees.
The Youth Commission consists of up to nine (9) voting members all serving a one-year term. Youth Commission duties include:
- Development of an Annual Work Plan.
- Review and updates on the Youth/Teen Master Plan.
- Advising the City Council on matters regarding youth/teen services and programs.
- Cooperation with other public and private agencies.
If you have any Youth Commission specific questions, please contact Parker Anderson of the Parks and Recreation Department at (760) 633-2756
For recruitment information, please contact the City Clerk at [email protected] or by calling (760) 633-2601.