The City of Encinitas is accepting applications for appointment to the Urban Forest Advisory Committee (UFAC) to fill one vacancy. The UFAC is composed of members of the community with interest and expertise in urban forestry. This group advises and works together with the City Arborist to review and provide comments on City plans and policies related to urban forestry, including updates to the various aspects of the City’s Urban Forest Management Program and Administrative Manual, and shall among other things:
- Review and provide comments on Tree Plans prior to consideration by the City Council.
- Review and provide comments on the Approved Tree Species Master List prior to consideration by the City Council.
- Review and provide comments to the City Arborist on proposed City Tree removals except in the case of emergency removals.
- Advise City Staff regarding programs of public outreach and education in order to promote public understanding of the City’s urban forest, including programs to celebrate and promote Arbor Day.
- Review and consider Heritage Tree applications in consultation with the City Arborist and shall make recommendations to the Planning Commission.
- Review and provide comments to the City Arborist on proposed changes to the City’s Urban Forest Management Program.
The UFAC meetings are open to the public and are held on the fourth Thursday of the month with the exception of November and December.
All applicants must be residents of the City of Encinitas.
The City requires all committee members to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Committee members shall attest that they are in compliance with the new vaccine regulations required by the City.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 14, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
Return completed application to:
Kathy Hollywood, City Clerk
505 South Vulcan Avenue
Encinitas, California 92024
(760) 633-2601, E-mail: [email protected]