The City of Encinitas is accepting applications for appointment to the newly created Infrastructure Task Force (ITF). Members of the ITF will be appointed by the City Council and include seven community members based on the following structure: A) One member from each Council District for a total of four (4) members; B) Three (3) at-large members; C) The seven (7) members shall be a combination of backgrounds and experience. Council will strive to include at least: • Two women, • One person of color, • At least one person who rents their residence, • At least one person from a city business group/association, • At least one person with expertise in mobility – cycling, walking, etc., • At least one person with technical expertise in finance/accounting, • At least one person with technical expertise in construction, transportation planning, or civil engineering.
The identified draft mission and overarching goals for the ITF:
- Identify the City’s capital improvement backlog and future needs for the 2025 to 2035 timeframe.
- Define criteria and clarify processes for identifying and prioritizing future city CIP needs, projects, and funding opportunities.
- Ensure that the CIP program and prioritization is linked to the City’s policies, strategic plan, and planning priorities.
- Ensure transparency in communications about infrastructure needs, challenges, and the work of the ITF.
- Make recommendations regarding funding the City’s infrastructure backlog at the conclusion of the task force work.
The ITF meetings are open to the public and will be noticed according to the Brown Act. Meetings will be held bi-monthly from January 2023 through January 2024, culminating in a final report with recommendations and presentation to the City Council in February/March 2024.
The City requires all commissions, committees, task forces, and board members to be vaccinated for COVID-19. ITF members shall attest that they are in compliance with the vaccine regulations required by the City.
Deadline for applications is January 5, 2023, 5:00 p.m.
For more information, click here to view the City Council agenda report
For application, click here