News Release - Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear will join area faith leaders and community members for the City’s 26th Annual Interfaith Community Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, May 2 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at the Encinitas Community and Senior Center, located at 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive in Encinitas.
“In the midst of the current turmoil happening in America and across the globe, we need to come together as a community to show our love, respect and support for one another, regardless of religious affiliation,” said Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear. “ This year’s Prayer Breakfast will be both a recognition of how far we’ve come and how much farther we need to go as a people to create a world based on acceptance and inclusion.”
Joining Mayor Blakespear will be:
- Reverend Dr. Beth Johnson – Palomar Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Reverend Dr. Christian Sorensen – Seaside Center for Spiritual Living
- Rabbi Gabi Arad – Jewish Collaborative of San Diego
- Karen Koblentz – President of the San Dieguito Interfaith Ministerial Association
- Bijan Zayer and Keith Anderson – Baha’i Faith
- Students from The Grauer School
- Issam Lagrichi, Co-Founder of Sister Faiths
- Bethany Farkas Folsom, Co-Founder of Concerts for a United World
WHAT: City of Encinitas 26th Annual Interfaith Community Prayer Breakfast
WHEN: Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
WHERE: Encinitas Community and Senior Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive
WHY: To celebrate the community’s diverse and inclusive faith community
MORE INFO: Seating is limited. Please RSVP by April 26th with guest name and affiliation to [email protected]. Cost is $25 per person. Payments by credit card are accepted online at encinitas.tix.com. For more information, please contact Annemarie Clisby at (760) 633-2618.