Beaches, Parks, and Recreation

Where can I go to the beach and what are the hours?

Encinitas offers miles of beaches to explore.  Please visit our Beaches page for detailed information on beach access and viewpoints and enjoy our beaches!

Encinitas Beach Use Hours:  4 a.m. - 2 a.m. daily 

Lifeguard Tower Hours Moonlight Beach: 8 a.m. - Sunset year round

Lifeguard Tower Hours Beach wide: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. during the summer (late June to Labor Day) 

Beach Parking Hours:  5 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily.

What classes, children's programs, and sports do you offer?

Encinitas Parks and Recreation is proud to offer the community some incredible places to play and enjoy. Click here to browse all of our programs. 

How many parks do you have and where are they located?

The Parks and Recreation Department also maintains and operates 6 miles of beaches, more than 20 parks (including the amazing new Encinitas Community Park), over 40 miles of recreational trails and the beautiful Encinitas Community & Senior Center. Please click here to learn more.

Business Licensing

How do I register my business with the City?

You can find resources and a step-by-step explanation of the business registration process online by clicking here

City Hall

Where is City Hall located?

City Hall is located at 505 S. Vulcan Avenue (map).

How can I report an issue that I would like the City to help me resolve?

To report non-emergency issues such as graffiti, please click here. For emergencies, please dial 911.


How do I locate the school district that services my residence and how do I contact the school districts?

You can locate the school district that services your home by finding your address using My Encinitas and clicking on the Services and Amenities tab.

School District


Cardiff School District

Encinitas School District

San Dieguito Union High School District

Hot Topics

Responsible Beverage Service and Sales

What is the Responsible Beverage Service and Sales (RBSS) ordinance?

The City of Encinitas passed a Responsible Beverage Service and Sales (RBSS) ordinance which requires sellers and servers of alcohol to be trained in a Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control certified program. Click here for more information.


I just moved here.  Who do I call about utilities such as water, gas, electricity, cable, internet service and trash pick-up?


San Dieguito Water District: 760-633-2650

Olivenhain Municipal Water District: 760-753-6466

Electricity and Natural Gas

San Diego Gas & Electric: 800-411-7343

Cable and Internet

AT&T: 800-784-0574

Cox: 760-599-6060 or visit

Time Warner: 760-931-7000


Where do I register to vote?

Please visit the Registrar of Voters at SDVote to register to vote.