San Dieguito Water District
160 Calle Magdalena
Encinitas, CA 92024
Drought phone: (760) 633-2810
Drought e-mail: [email protected]
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(Closed alternating Fridays and Holidays)
Water use prohibitions still in effect
Although we are not currently in a declared Water Supply Shortage Response, the San Dieguito Water District is continuing to enforce the following mandatory restrictions on water use:
• Washing down paved surfaces or hardscape, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, and patios, except when it is necessary to alleviate safety or sanitation hazards.
• Water waste, overspray, and runoff resulting from inefficient landscape irrigation systems and practices.
• Washing your vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle.
• Irrigating during or within 48 hours after measurable precipitation.
• Not repairing leaks within a reasonable timeframe after notification from the District.
• Using potable, non-recirculating water to operate ornamental fountains.
• Restaurants and other food service establishments may only serve and refill water upon request.
• Hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments must offer guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
The District encourages customers to continue their water conservation practices by observing the following voluntary measures:
• Limit landscape irrigation to 3 days per week.
• Irrigate only between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (overnight to avoid evaporation)
• Limit landscape irrigation to 10 minutes or less per station (unless weather-based controllers, drip/micro irrigation, or stream rotor sprinklers are used).
• Use a positive shut-off nozzle when using a hose for outdoor watering.
Please visit the State’s Emergency Conservation Regulation website or the CA Department of Water Resources for more information.
For information on water conservation programs, rebates, workshops, free water-use evaluations, and landscape care, visit www.sdwd.org/conserve. Please visit our Irrigation Maintenance and Landscape Care page for HOA laws and prohibitions in relation to water efficient landscapes.
To report water waste, please fill out the Water Waste Reporting Form and email it to [email protected] or call 760-633-2810 with the requested information. San Dieguito Water District will only respond to water waste violations during regular working hours. For emergency situations that occur outside of regular working hours, please call our after-hours number: 760-633-2922.