Drought phone: (760) 633-2676
Drought e-mail: [email protected]
Level I Water Shortage in effect
On Oct. 20, 2021, the District Board of Directors declared a Level I Water Shortage in support of Governor Gavin Newsom's Oct. 19, 2021 expanded drought emergency, which now includes San Diego County. In order to reach the recommended 10% water usage reduction, the San Dieguito Water District advises observing the following voluntary measures:
- Stop hosing down paved surfaces
- Wash vehicles with handheld hose/shut-off nozzle and bucket or at a commercial site with recirculating water
- Restaurants serve and provide water refills upon request
- Hotel/motel linen and towel laundry service upon request
- Non-potable water should be used for construction purposes when available
- Use hand-held hose with shut-off nozzle and bucket to water landscape areas not irrigated with a landscape irrigation system
- Water before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. (residential and commercial growers, and nursery growers)
- Repair leaks, breaks and malfunctions in a timely manner (within 5 days)
- Use re-circulated water to operate ornamental fountains.
Please visit the State’s Emergency Conservation Regulation website or the CA Department of Water Resources for more information.
For information on water conservation programs, rebates, workshops, free water-use evaluations, and landscape care, visit www.sdwd.org/conserve. Please visit our Irrigation Maintenance and Landscape Care page for HOA laws and prohibitions in relation to water efficient landscapes.
To report water waste, please complete the Water Waste Reporting Form or call 760-633-2676 with the requested information. San Dieguito Water District will only respond to water waste violations during regular working hours. For emergency situations that occur outside of regular working hours, please call our after-hours number: 760-633-2922.