Enjoy an evening of visual art on Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 6:00-9:00 p.m., as Encinitas civic and local art galleries swing open their doors at Art Night Encinitas. The event celebrates the city’s diverse visual art scene at participating locations and is free to the public. Enjoy live music and refreshments at several locations.
“Art Night Encinitas was conceived by the Commission for the Arts to bring focus to our civic art galleries and thriving visual art scene,” said Commission for the Arts Chair Collette Stefanko. In 2019, 47 exhibits by local artists will be presented in the City's three civic art galleries along with a myriad of local artists who will exhibit their work at participating galleries.
The bi-monthly art open house benefits artists through the sale of their art and provides the public an opportunity to interact with artists and learn about the creative process. Upcoming Art Nights will take place on Saturdays, 6-9pm on Apr. 11, June 6, Aug. 1, Oct. 3, and Nov. 21, 2020.
Participating Art Galleries, Artists and Performers
- Encinitas Library. Artists: TBA. Performers: TBA. With a docent-led art tour. 540 Cornish Drive
- Civic Center Art Gallery at City Hall. Artists: TBA. Performers: TBA. 505 S. Vulcan Avenue
- Off Track Gallery. San Dieguito Art Guild artists. 937 S. Coast Hwy. 101
- Art N Soul on the 101. Gallery artists. Performer: TBA. 670 S. Coast Hwy 101
- Bliss 101. Artists: Gallery artists. Featured charity: TBA. 553 S. Coast Hwy 101
- Lux Art Institute. Artist: TBA. Performer: DJ. 1550 S. El Camino Real
- Encinitas Community Center. Artists: TBA. Performers: TBA. 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive
Catch a ride on one of the shuttle buses which will transport you to and from all locations. It's free! The public is encouraged to park at City Hall, the Encinitas Community Center and the Encinitas Library to easily access the shuttle.
Our thanks to Art Night Encinitas sponsors: Betty Scalice Foundation, Encinitas Friends of the Arts, and San Diego County Library. For sponsorship opportunities, contact Jim Gilliam here.
Check out Art Night Encinitas photos in the Encinitas Advocate HERE