**** UPDATE ****
Thank you for your interest in the City of Encinitas COVID-19 Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program. The application period is now closed. If you submitted an application and have questions please contact (760) 456-7757 or [email protected]. Para asistencia en español, por favor llame al (760) 943-2150.
The City of Encinitas COVID-19 Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program provides financial assistance to eligible Encinitas households facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible and complete applications will be processed based upon demonstrated financial need and availability of program funds.
Who Can Receive Assistance?
At a minimum, qualified applicants must meet the following:
- Renting a home in Encinitas and have written lease agreement.
- Eligible immigration status (U.S. citizen/U.S. National, lawful permanent resident/conditional permanent resident, a refugee/person seeking asylum or granted asylum).
- Financial hardship directly related to COVID-19.
- Not currently receiving any rental subsidies.
- Savings do not meet financial needs.
- Current household income is at or below 80% of the Regional Median Income based upon household size as shown in the table below.
How to Apply
- Applications are available online only. Apply Online Here.
- If you do have internet access or need special assistance with completing the application, please contact (760) 456-7757 or [email protected].
- Applications are available from now - midnight September 7, 2020.
- Documentation is required to confirm eligibility. This checklist may help prepare all necessary documents/information to fill out the application.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application was submitted. If you have submitted an application online and not received a confirmation, please first check your email Junk or Spam folder. If you have questions about the program or your application status, please contact (760) 456-7757 or [email protected] and you will receive a response as soon as possible during City business hours.
- The City will not maintain a waiting list for this program.
Payment Assistance Information
- One-time payment of up to $4,500 to assist with past-due or upcoming rent and utilities. Payment amount will be based upon demonstrated financial need.
- Payments are made directly to the landlord and utility providers.
- Utilities include trash (EDCO) and water (SDWD, OMWD).
- For SDGE payment assistance, please visit 2-1-1.
- Additionally, 2-1-1 San Diego provides a directory of numerous services and resources, especially related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provide information from the IRS Form W9 to verify ownership of rental property. This is provided by the owner to City after applicant is approved.
- Authorize the City of Encinitas to make payment.
- Please note that landlord participation is voluntary. If a landlord does not wish to participate and/or complete the required forms, no payments will be made.
Questions? Please Contact (760) 456-7757 or
Para asistencia en español, por favor llame al (760) 943-2150.
Application Checklist (English)
Application Checklist (Spanish)
Funding is provided through the City’s Community Development Block Grant Program and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.