The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is a federal housing and community development program administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The City of Encinitas is an entitlement jurisdiction, which means the City receives a CDBG grant annually to assist with housing and community development activities.
City of Encinitas Program
Every year in the Spring, the City of Encinitas City Council approves how the City’s CDBG funding will be allocated. The funding is typically allocated into three categories: public services, fair housing and administration, and capital improvements. CDBG requirements limit funding for public services to 15 percent of the annual grant, and 20 percent for fair housing and administration. Below are plans and documents which describe how the City of Encinitas carries out the CDBG program.
New! Managing CDBG - Subrecipient Guidebook
Policies and Procedures for the CDBG Program
Citizen and Community Participation Plan for the CDBG Program
Limited English Proficiency Plan
HUD CDBG Program
As part of their CDBG program, the City of Encinitas must affirmatively further fair housing and promote equal access to housing. Please visit the City’s Fair Housing Page for more information about Fair Housing issues, rights, education, and services.
HUD Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
The City also must make a good faith effort to ensure that employment, training, and contracting opportunities for lower-income residents are available for certain types of CDBG funded projects.
City of Encinitas Bids and RFPs
HUD Section 3 Business Registry
HUD Section 3 Website
Section 3 FAQ (Updated March 25, 2021)
Consolidated Plan – Five Year Planning Document to Identify Priority Needs and Goals
- FY 2020-25 – Approved by the City Council on April 22, 2020
- FY 2015-20 – Approved by the City Council on April 22, 2015
Annual Action Plan – Annual Funding Plan Consistent with Consolidated Plan
Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report –Annual Accomplishments and Expenditures
- FY2021-22 - The draft FY 2021-22 CAPER is available for public review and comment from August 22, 2022 to September 20, 2022. Please submit all comments and questions in writing to: Cindy Schubert, at [email protected] or 505 S. Vulcan Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024. The draft CAPER will be considered for approval by the City Council on September 21, 2022.
- FY2020-21 - Approved by the City Council on September 22, 2021
- FY2019-20 - Approved by the City Council on October 28, 2020
CDBG Staff Contact:
Cindy Schubert, Management Analyst