Since June 1998, the Encinitas City Council has recognized the value of an ongoing program whereby nonprofit organizations have a means of requesting funding from the City to accomplish arts and civic projects and programs. The establishment of the Community Grant Program (CGP), with an annual General Fund allocation, has supported numerous projects and programs that have enriched the five communities of Encinitas.
The CGP provides funding in two categories: Civic: social, recreation, education, health and environment; and, Arts: visual art, performing arts, arts education, literary arts, etc. Requests for funding are considered through an application process. Organizations must be legally established with nonprofit or tax-exempt status, be based in Encinitas, or provide direct service to Encinitas residents.
Pictured above: representatives from organizations that received funding in FY 2019-2020.
Grant Recipient Documents
Click here for a list of organizations that received funding in FY 2019-2020. Click here for reimbursement documents (fillable PDF).
2019-2020 Grant Program
The City of Encinitas is very grateful to the Ecke Family for their generous financial support for the FY 2019-20 Community Grant Program which will help local nonprofit organizations in the coming year to carryout projects and programs for the benefit of Encinitas residents.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 - The grant application for FY 2020/2021 will be available on this webpage.
- Monday, March 16, 2020, 4:00-5:00pm - New Applicant Workshop, City Hall, 505 S. Vulcan Avenue. To register, email staff
- Thursday, April 9, 2020, 3:00pm - Grant Application Deadline. Application packages must be mailed to City Hall, or delivered to City Hall in the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department lobby
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 6:00pm - City Council Meeting for Funding Allocations
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - Allocation results will be e-mailed to Grant Applicants
- Monday, July 20, 2020, 4:00-5:00pm - Grant Recipient Workshop & contract distribution (mandatory for all grant recipients), City Hall
For more information, please contact City staff via email or call (760) 633-2740.
City of Encinitas, 505 S. Vulcan Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024. (760) 633-2600.